Job Title: Pediatrician
Location: Denver, Colorado
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physician will specialize in the diagnosis and care of the child with Down syndrome and provide support to his/her entire family. Physician will also research the disorder, work in a team, provide treatments and referrals, and monitor progress throughout the various stages of development. Physician will receive ongoing training in care for those with Down syndrome as well as provide coverage for peer providers and compassionate care to all patients. Administrative duties may also be reasonably assigned according to the research, advocacy, and care aspects of the JLF USA mission.
- Successful completion of an accredited Pediatric Residency.
- Current board certifications by the American Board of Pediatrics .
- Minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in a hospital (Academic General Pediatrician) or private practice.
- Preferred: 2 years of experience caring for people of intellectual disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive medical services, on continuing basis, to patients with intellectual disabilities, especially Down Syndrome.
- Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Elicits and records information in electronic health record.
- Orders or executes immunizations, various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patients’ conditions.
- Analyzes reports and findings from tests and examination, and diagnoses conditions of patients.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists and team members.
- Approves/disapproves subspecialty referrals.
- Answers patient telephone consultations with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Provides primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- Works continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care in a safe, efficient, competent, and effective manner.
- Prepares records and reports as required in support of services rendered, in accordance with established procedures.
- Attends and participates in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences, and other appropriate professional activities to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services, as determined by the supervisor.
- Oversees the design, submission, reporting, and all other administration of research related to his/her patients with Down syndrome or other intellectual disabilities.
Applications can be submitted at https://www.lejeunefoundation.org/medical-center-denver/ – career, at Indeed, or to [email protected].